Every Friday on the blog, I’m planning to post something related to fashion, because it’s one of my biggest passions! It might be a post about my own clothing (this’ll be hard to do right now though, because I’m not entirely keen on asking my Spanish host family to take OOTD photos of me LOL), things happening in fashion, or other people’s style! There are honestly a 100 different directions this series could take, but in the end, I hope you enjoy #FashionFriday!
Even if you’re not interested in fashion, you probably got some whiff of the fact that last month was Fashion Month. If you somehow managed to miss the almost daily Snapchat stories, constant Instagram pictures of runway shows in European cities, or the headlines about what celebrities wore while sitting in the front row, I’ll help you out! Each week from September 7-Octobert 5, there was a Fashion Week full of amazing runway shows and parties in New York City then London then Milan then Paris.
For everyday, average folk like me, keeping up with what’s going on during these busy times of year (two Fashion Months a year, folks!) is exhausting but downright fun! Street style has become such an integral part of every Fashion Week and it is definitely one of the most fun aspects of the fashion industry. I was actually in Paris for a few days during their Fashion Week and it was really cool to see such amazing personal style up close and personal (Hôtel Costes on Saint Honoré provided the most chic people-watching). I mostly keep up with what people wear to the shows through Pinterest, and I’ve genuinely felt really inspired by all the daring and creative looks I’ve seen. That’s why I wanted to share some of my favorite outfits with you guys, hopefully so that we can bond over good taste, high-quality pieces, and bold choices.
1. I’m such a big fan of the pajama as daywear trend, and I especially love it here because the set is a beautiful dusty pink (one of my favorite colors) and is accessorized with a luxurious fur throw (fur is also one of my fave materials).
2. Patricia Manfield killed it here with this velvet, jeweled jacket. I am obsessed with funky outerwear and I love how this jacket is a colorful, modern approach to baroque style.
3. This Fashion Month gave me a new favorite style icon in the form of Gilda Ambrosio, and it’s all because of this look. I love the luxurious textures (I added a second image so you could really see the notice the richness of the silk and the fuzziness of the jacket) and also the vibrant sea green color, which I unfortunately don’t think people wear enough! The combination of these elements really makes this look a unique interpretation of the slip dress over white t-shirt trend!
4. Really similar to the first look in that it’s pajamas as daywear, but I look the addition of the huge Balenciaga throw. I wish more people wore all white because it’s so striking!
5. Orange is honestly my least favorite color, but I love it here. I think the color looks great on the woman wearing it and I love how the fabric flows in such a romantic, fairy-like manner.
6. Ok, so this is a detail shot, and not a full outfit, but I am obsessed (like everyone else is) with Gucci loafers and I love how the person wearing them here really personalized them with an anklet and a bandana.
7. More monochrome, I know, but a girl’s gotta have her signature! I especially like it here because it’s a full knit set and non-sweater knitwear is one of my other favorite trends. I actually just got a pair of shiny, emerald green knit culottes form Zara that I am obsessed with! I think the pants in this look are especially cool because they fit is slouchy and sporty, but the slit makes them a bit sexy.
8. I like these looks not just because of the clothes but also because of the people wearing them. They’ve managed to look so coordinated, but still so individual, and so on-trend, but still fashion-forward!
9. I love these girls’ furs, but we all know the real standout is their masks! This is the definition of having fun with fashion! This is from Milan Fashion Week and I feel like that is the city where people get boldest with their outfits.
10. More dope outerwear! I love the pink color here and also the fact that the jacket is sequined. Although the silver sequined bonnet and the hot pink earrings are also such statement pieces, the look is not at all too much!
11. I seriously love all the cool denim jackets people are wearing! I like that this one is made of tattered and embroidered patches… and… that it is on top of an all-white outfit.
I hope that you enjoyed this post! I had lots of fun writing it and I can’t wait to write more #FashionFriday posts (also, I know, this was posted on a Saturday, but let’s just pretend I was punctual, okay? It won’t happen again, I promise). Let me know what you think of these looks, of Fashion Month, and of #FashionFriday in the comments below!